IT - Technical Support/Helpdesk (Arkansas)
|April 22, 2014 - August 15, 2014|
|Location:||Little Rock, AR|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The success of any business relies upon its ability to match opportunities with the right resources - and most importantly, the right people. BancorpSouth Insurance Services, Inc. provides Commercial, Employee Benefits, and Personal insurance brokerage and consulting services throughout the United States.
BancorpSouth Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BancorpSouth, Inc., a financial holding company headquartered in Tupelo, Mississippi. BancorpSouth Insurance Services, Inc., a division of BancorpSouth Bank, employs over 600 insurance and risk management agents. Equipped to service clients across the globe through our Worldwide Broker Network relationship, BancorpSouth Insurance Services, Inc. is annually ranked as one of the nation\\\'s largest brokers by Business Insurance magazine.
Our Technical Support team provides maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. This position is responsible for administration and internal support of the company’s PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations. They provide assistance to our colleagues by resolving their technical issues via email, phone, in person, or other electronic medium.
- Local LAN Administration, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing computer systems, servers, hardware, software, and peripherals in a multi-user environment
- Configure computer equipment such as Internet connections or configure software to connect to Internet application servers
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Monitor Helpdesk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
- Document internal procedures
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Clean, install and modify operating systems and software programs, such as virus protection and word processing printers
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Report issues as required for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years experience in a Technical Support/Helpdesk or similar position required
- Technical or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field is preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, including 2000/XP/7/8 and Server 2000/2003/2008/2012 as well as Microsoft Office Suites required
- Certifications are preferred (MCP, MCSA, A+, N+)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of basic Windows networking
- Local and remote desktop support/helpdesk support experience preferred.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task required
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and analytical skills to effectively understand and resolve user issues required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Projects professional appearance and manner
- Light travel to remote offices required
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.